Friday, May 7, 2010

"I have a dream"

Today was the last day of my History class. And we were talking... well, the Professor was talking and I was thinking, about racism. He was talking about how he believed racism still exhists today in America, but that we so far have come a long way towards being truly an integrated society.

He showed us tons of images of black Americans who were beaten hung and even burned alive after the Civil War. They were horrific images. And I can hardly think of them now without getting sick. The absolute cruelty and gross injustice is enough to make me literally sick. What must those people have been thinking who were standing all around. Granted maybe most didn't take part in the actual lynching but they were there! They were watching.

And God pricked my heart to the core about Abortion. It is the present day form of racism, and even worse than what happened to the black Americans (even anything could be worse). When I think of the numerous "methods" of abortion, they are worse than the hanging and the burning alive. And yet those being aborted have no way to defend themselves nor to speak for their freedom. The people who are aborted cannot march on Washington as the black Americans did in 1963.

America, as God has judged you for slavary so will He judge you for abortion. As we once denied a different race human rights to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" so have we denied our own races the right to LIFE, let alone liberty and hapiness.

I asked myself as I saw those grotesque images of the black Americans being burned alive, how could such a thing happen? In those days people convinced themselves that black people were not only another race but another species intirely that lacked a soul. The Germans too were convinced that Jews were without soul as well. This idea of souless bodies allowed every type of cruelty, maltreatment and ultimately murder of human beings. Today Americans have convinced themselves that a child in the womb has not a soul, and every type of cruelty, maltreatment and ultimately murder has befallen that child who is left without protection or even a voice with which to protest.

So what does this have to do with me? By Gods grace and mercy, I have never committed abortion. I have told people how I feel about the subject and I have gone on LIFE walks. I have heard that the sins of a country are a picture of the Christians in that country. The sin of abortion would be murder, or hatred. It would also be the sin of idol worship, or of valueing the world, temporal things, etc, more than we value the Creator. Both of these sins I can see in my life and it is time to wage war against these sins. How I do this?

Repentance, concluding that God is right and I am wrong, turning from my wrong ways. Repent from these sins and draw close to the Lord through obedience and faith in His Word. The fruit of this I am convinced will be the abolition of abortion. For when God is God in the lives of saints, real love rules not hatred. A love willing to rebuke wickedness at all costs and embrace righteousness at all costs. And also God's Lordship brings humilty and breaks apart selfish idolatry. His Lorship will cause saints to surrender their own plans, loves, and desires for the work and glory of God.

"Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth, carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs will I carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.
To whom will you liken me and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be alike?
Those who lavish gold from the purse, and weight out silver in the scales, hire a goldsmith, and he makes it into a god; then they fall down and worship! They lift it to their sholders, they carry it, they set it in its place, and it stands there; it cannot move from its place.
If one cries to it, it does not answer or save him from his trouble.
Remember this and stand firm, recall it to mind, you transgressors, remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying 'My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,' calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.
Listen to me, you stubborn of heart, you who are far from righteousness; I bring near my righteousness; it is not far off, and my salvation will not delay; I will put salvation in Zion, for Israel my glory." -Isaiah 46:3-13

2 comments:

  1. I am always moved by your writings. In this posting, your words paint a gruesome picture of the sins and state of mankind without God: "the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked ~ Jeremiah 17:9. And about abortion, I am not proud to say that I am a product. No one ever talks about the guilt, shame, depression, anger and other related trauma associated with the aftermath of taking the life of one's child. Had it not been for God's grace, mercy and forgiveness, I would be a lunatic today. Thank you for being forthright.
    "The world longs for people who will stand up for what they believe, even if they have to stand alone." ~ Dr.Myles Munroe"
    http://www.wix.com/merlemm/no-more-a-secret

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am moved by your testimony of Christs work in your life! Thank you for being so transparent and glorifying God for what He has done in you, it is so encouraging to hear! It is easy to stand up in writings on a blog but to stand fast in the world is another thing entirely. Thank you for the encouragement to stand for what is right. God bless you Merle!

    ReplyDelete