Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bow the Knee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrOTIu7e8Uw Please listen to this song on youtube. You will not be sorry. :-)

This is such a beautiful song and so important for me to remember these days. God has brought a couple circumstances to my attention that I know for a fact I can do nothing about, and yet those situations cause me a lot of discomfort. At first this made me mad, but God in His grace reminded me that He is God. He has redeemed me and I now belong to Him in every sense of that word. He did not promise me the "good/prosperous" life, but He has promised me Himself.
There are tons of places in Psalms where David talks about God being his portion and his reward from this life, and these have really comforted me:

"Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep thy words." -Ps. 119:57
" My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever." -Ps. 73:26
" The LORD [is] the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot." -Ps. 16:5

So in a kinda creepy way I am enjoying this strong discomfort, because God reminds me that while this life may be pretty uncomfortable/unpleasant for me; He is a more than sufficient reward. I have given my life and my soul to Him and that means that I do not have the right to demand the pleasures found in this life. While He is ever faithful and cares very much for me, He is ever the Lord.
I absolutely must bow the knee to Almighty God in everything (including these circumstances). I also must submit my life to Him, and stop desiring/following/pursuing the things of this world. It is hard for me to write this, but I know it is the truth. And I can remember and be comforted that He is not a "hard" Master, but He is THE Master. There is nothing for me here, but my reward will only be found in God. I pray God will continue to bring me to my knees before Him and help me to submit to Him in every situation no matter how uncomfortable it is. Even though it HURRRRTS! :-)
Hope you enjoy that song as much as I did. :-)

"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present [you] faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, [be] glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude 1:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment