Saturday, April 3, 2010

BEAUTIFUL DAY!

Today is the eve of the rising of our Christ! It is a wonderful day full hope and expectation of things to come. It is the eve of the consumation of the hope we have in the Father. It is the day from which our salvation comes.

I love Easter best of all the holidays, and I love it more and more every year. This morning I was listening to John Piper's sermon to professors who work at seminaries. I have listened to it several times and it always cuts me to the heart with conviction, in the most painful and yet effective way. :-) Pastor Piper speaks of the single most important thing that students must learn and it is this: "To know God better than I know anything else, and to delight in God more than I delight in anything else."

This Easter I am praying this for all my friends, for all my family, and for myself... I might just pray this for my enemies too. :-) This is one of the most exciting Easter's I have ever had, for I know that God will work mightily in behalf of His people and for His glory in this year of our Lord, and Savior!

Let us study to know Him and labour to enjoy Him more than anything in this world! Amen!

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment