Wednesday, March 10, 2010

All good things must come to an end

So I had to get off of facebook recently and I told everyone that it was because I am going to be super busy this summer and the rest of this semester. Here are the reasons in particular. Judge me fairly. LOL. :0)

I did add an eight week course to my course load, so school work is taking my attention every evening, and most mornings. I am doing a lot more Bible study and memory work, because I really really need it. It is essential for my life. :-)(Like you didn't know that):-) I am training for a 10-K and I hope to run it this Fall. There isn't really a good reason for this except for motivation to stay in shape. Because between school and my job I sit or stand around all day! I am going to be getting training for an EMT and a CNA licence this summer. That should be pretty fun. I am working about thirty hours a week now because they have changed the hours around at the bank. Though I don't mind the money ;-) I would prefer to spend my time on other things. Alas, money is forcing its way into my wallet. I just can't stop it. :-) Not a bad problem to have, right? I am studying to take the Nursing Entrance Exam again... because wouldn't you know it, I took the wrong one. Argh. Praying a lot about nursing, and taking it a semester at a time. Hopefully will be able to share the gospel and lead a Bible study with young girls at Juvenile detention center this summer, with either my Church or a group that works specifically with Juvenile detention centers. Also will be going to the nursing home too with my Church. I am pretty excited about that. So my schedule is pretty tight this summer, and for that I am grateful. All these "plans" of course are subject to change, but yeah... this is the plan.

So those are the reasons I am "too busy" for facebook. My other reasons for getting off of facebook are these: You know I thought and thought about it and though I don't watch TV or movies (very rarely) it is pointless if I am spending that same time on facebook. So yes, I was an addict. Regrettably so. I don't think facebook is bad in anyway, I think it is a great way to encourage your brothers and sisters in Christ, and challenge those who don't know the Lord. I also think it is super fun to keep up with hundreds of your friends from all over and share your pictures with them. So don't get me wrong on this. I condemn no one for using facebook often, it is just that I know I could get a lot more done without it this semester and I needed to get my priorities straight. Besides all those debates discussing Christian Liberty and Holiness were way too attractive. I wanted to write pages on those, but that would keep me from actually living what I was writing about, hence the "No more, Grace".

Do I miss it. Yup. Because I miss seeing your pictures and hearing how you are doing. But I will say in not knowing how you are, I pray for you a lot more. So that is good. I really do also more particularly appreciate and enjoy your blogs. And the answer is no, it doesn't take more time to read the blogs(or write blogs for that matter) than I spent on facebook. :-) So that is it in a nut shell. Embarrassing? Yes. True. Yes... :-)

Hope that you have a day full of the joy of the Lord!

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand...I'm off FB again too...at least for awhile. :) My two biggest reasons were time (I'll admit it, I'm an addict too!! LOL), and my husband really doesn't like FB...he feels like it's just an invitation to gossip about people, and know way more (and have have people know more about you!) than you need to about people. I don't necessarily agree with that, but since he's my authority I'm trying to stay under his protection and obey his wishes. So yeah, don't feel bad...you're not the only one out there!!! Hope you have an awesome summer, and maybe we can stay in touch via our blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! for keeping up through blogs! My Dad thinks the same as Daniel does about facebook, and I think they have a point. My Dad has left it up to us as to whether or not we want to use it or not though. I just love being able to keep up with friends through facebook, and I really miss that aspect of it. :-) But I have gotten a lot more done this past week, and I am getting more focussed on being IN KANSAS. Which is so good, cause this is where God has me and not by mistake. I so enjoy your blog, and I LOVE the pictures. Thank you for sharing, Rachel!

    I hope you have an awesome summer too!! <3

    ReplyDelete