Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Looking to Jesus until glory doth shine"

My piano teacher is teaching me to play hymns and one of the ones she is teaching me is called "Moment by Moment". If you haven't heard this song you should listen because it is really something else. :-)

Dying with Jesus, by death reckoned mine;
Living with Jesus a new life divine;
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine,
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am Thine.

Never a trial that He is not there,
Never a burden that He doth not bear,
Never a sorrow that He doth not share;
Moment by moment, I'm under His care.

Moment by moment I'm kept in His love
Moment by moment I've life from above
Looking to Jesus till glory doth shine,
Moment by moment, O Lord, I am thine.

For those of you who don't have an instrument to practice, you should pick one! The times I get to practice piano have been some of the best times of worship. On that poor tired piano I have banged out more confessions of sin and thanksgiving and pounded in more truth of the Word than you would expect if you heard me play. :-)There are so many beautiful songs with beautiful words that help you to "look to Jesus" and worship Him in TRUTH.

This particular song helps me to remember to thank God that He does know my circumstances and He does care. I have forgotten that a lot lately. This song reminds me that my life is in Him now, and that my own way is not what I am supposed to want anymore. It reminds me that I have a new life from God and it is surrendered to Gods way, timing. His will and pleasure is where I will now find the joy of living. I will not find joy in pleasant circumstances. I will not find joy in pleasing myself.

Side note: I am sure you will not be sorry if you learn to play or even just set aside some time to sing or listen to good sound worship music. Steer clear of the junky stuff! ;-) Remember that worship isn't about you, it is about God. :-) Some people learn to play an instrument and just use it when they are by themselves to worship the Lord, but it is also really good to learn to play good songs before others and with others. This will both encourage them in Truth and also to encourage them to focus intently on Christ until we are called to be with Him in heaven.

In these last days with all of the intense distractions, it is a great thing to encourage our brothers and sisters in looking intently on the Lord. So if we can help by sharing music, testimonies, and above all the gospel and God's Word, that will be time well spent. And that is why I say you will not be sorry. End of Side Note. :-)

"And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD." -Psalm 40:3

"Oh God, my exceeding joy, singing thy praises uplifts my heart, for thou are the fountain of delight, and dost bless the soul that joys in thee. But because of my hearts rebellion I cannot always praise thee as I ought; Yet I will at all times rest myself in thy excellences, goodness, and loving kindness. Thou are in Jesus the object of inexpressible joy, and I take exceeding pleasure in the thought of thee." -Valley of Vision *That is what I wanted to say only someone else said it better. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment