Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ownership

"Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people and the sheep of his pasture." Psalm 100:3

From verse and some others from John 10 and Titus 2 God is teaching me about ownership. I always knew that when I finally did give my life to Him I gave it all to Him, but since that time there are different areas that I have begun again to reserve for myself. Which actually is a funny thought considering...

" To him (talking about Christ) the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice; and he calleth HIS OWN sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth HIS OWN sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him for they know his voice." John 10: 3-4 (emphasis mine :-))

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify UNTO HIMSELF a peculiar people, zealous of good works." - Titus 2: 13-14

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are NOT YOUR OWN? " - 1 Corinthians 6:19

So to make a long post really short... I belong to God. Lock, stock and barrel. Plans, things, time, money, mind, heart and soul, there is nothing that is mine. But I have to remember this everyday and recognize His Lordship over me. It is so easy for me to forget! I think this is what Paul was talking about when he was saying that he had to die daily. And death in this sense is actually a really happy thing! Because our corrected relationship with God Almighty, "the great God, and our Savior Jesus Christ" is worth our life and all that we possess, however great or small it is.

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. "
Matthew 13:44

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."
Matthew 13: 44-45

"It will be worth it all! When we see Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment