Friday, January 16, 2009

I shall not die, but live... (Ps. 118:17)

God has been teaching me so many things lately. I feel like I am drinking out of a fire hydrant and every now and then turned upside down and shaken so I don't drown. :-) Last night I was reading Psalm 118, and this verse, "I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD" really stuck out to me. God is so faithful to let me live and continue learning. Not only am I going to make it through everything alive but as I am going through it and when it is over I will declare the works of the LORD.

So what is the lesson for today? Keep good records of your finances at all times. Know that money isn't about money... it is about your heart. My lesson for today was about money... I mean it was about my heart. :-)

Today I discovered that I had made a costly financial mistake. This morning, before I knew about my mistakes, I was reading in Mark about money. As I was reading, "I thought what does this have to do with me?" Jesus said that it was easier for a camel to walk through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. I thought, "Wow, that is harsh".
Compared to a lot of people I am very wealthy. I am never hungry (without choosing to be), have a nice bed to sleep in and have tons of shoes to wear. So obviously this passage was referring to me (the rich). Also I knew that I have trouble trusting God instead of things in the world so I re-read the passage.

He says (10:24), "Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!" Then I saw, "Wow! That is me". I trust in things, people, education and a bunch of other things before God. He knows this and slowly and surely He is freeing me from trusting these things. One by one, these things are failing and one by one He is proving faithful. I don't know if this post is TMI or not, but anyway if anyone else out there is going through the same thing you can know you aren't alone. I know that God will be faithful. Help me Lord to trust you more because of these difficulties and not less.



3 comments:

  1. As servants, we are given a huge responsibility over the talents and blessings that God has given to us. It's not just our money, but also our time, and resources that we should freely give. I do not think that your entry was TMI. . .I think it is something that we all as humans struggle with everyday. That is why it is called free will; it is not something that comes easily, but that we must make a decision to do each and everyday. Sometimes we make the right choice, and soemtimes we don't. It is through his love, grace and mercy that we are forgiven in the times when we do make the wrong choice.

    I enjoyed your blog and look forward to reading more entries in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragment Young & Naive! You are so right. I needed to hear what you said. :-) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Grace, what a great attitude to have! Even when things go "wrong" (in OUR sight) God can be using it for His own purposes. Great encouraging post girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete