Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wild at Heart

Have read the books Captivating and Wild at Heart, by Staci and John Eldridge. They are well written, easy to read, and over all life changing. Don't be fooled by the warm inviting pictures on the cover. These books are challenging, and convicting!
God showed me that I have been treating the men in my life like they are women. I have been trying to correct them, control them, and eventually mold them into more feminine characters. I have been extremely frustrated with my inability to get the results I desired (Praise God!). What a wicked thing to despise a manly heart! God made men to desire adventure, to take chances and risks, to venture out, to be different from women. Almost in every relationship I have had with a man (brother, father, friend) I have despised, in my heart, their masculinity. Sure I say I like manly men, but when it comes down to it I desire to be able to control when their masculinity shows. This is so true about me... I so wish it wasn't but it is. God forgive me and may the men in my life forgive me too.


No comments:

Post a Comment